Travelling to a destination by plane is such an euphoric experience . The seats, the view, the in flight entertainment aside, it is because of the hospitable and friendly Air Hostess there, to take care of our needs throughout the journey. The job of an Air Hostess may seem simple and attractive, but it actually involves a considerable amount of training, interpersonal skills, and patience.
Although the term ‘Air Hostess’ refers to a woman, men can also take up this job and they would be referred to as ‘Stewards’. Are you fond of flying? If you find that your personality and aptitude is suited towards hospitality and customer service, this could be the right fit for you. Wonder how to become an Air Hostess? If yes, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we have covered everything that you need to know to become an Air Hostess. Read it further!
Here are the duties of Air Hostess or Flight Steward:
1. The most important role is ensuring the safety of the passengers by conducting emergency and safety procedures before every take-off, making sure passengers are buckled in, and checking all equipment to ensure everything is working alright.
2. Next comes providing for the needs of passengers by serving them food, water, beverages, blankets, and other in-flight services as per the airline and their provisions.
3. They assist passengers in deboarding the plane in an orderly manner. Passengers are made aware of the conditions outside, how to exit and reach the terminal/bus, where to collect their luggage. This can be done by the captain or the Air Hostess.
4. After the flight lands, they clean up and do a basic check if the trays are not down, the seats are upright, and everything is in order for the next flight.
Here is the basic skills and attributes you should have :
1. Utmost professionalism and patience
2. Good physique and pleasing appearance
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills
4. Always have a positive attitude and pleasant demeanour
5. Presence of mind and ability to take initiative if and when needed
6. Able to get along easily with people of all ages, cultures, and dispositions
7. Team spirit to be able to work in an proper manner with the rest of the Air Hostess
8. Clear speech, voice, and command over English and/or the regional language, foreign languages are a plus
For anyone who wants to learn about how to become an Air Hostess can take up any of these courses.
There are three different levels of training that you need to undergo to become an Air Hostess. These include certificate courses, diploma courses, and degree courses in the fields of aviation, hospitality, travel or tourism management, Air Hostess/Air Hostess/flight attendant training, customer service, etc. This is prior to formal training conducted by the respective airways. Certificate and diploma courses usually take a year, no more than that. Degree courses are the usual length; 3 years.
|Name||Location||Type Of Courses||Name Of Courses|
|Inspijet AviationTraining Institute In Lucknow||Lucknow||Certified||Aviation Hospitality,Travel & English Speaking|
1. The Bombay Flying Club’s College of Aviation, Mumbai
2. Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Bangalore
3.Center for Civil Aviation Training, Delhi
4.Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
5. Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy, Hyderabad/Delhi
6. Avalon Academy, Dehradun
7. Livewel Academy, Mumbai
1. Age limit of 18-26 years at the time of applying or starting out
2. The minimum height is 5 ft – 5ft 2 inches.
3. Weight should be within a normal range, proportional to height.
4. The minimum educational requirement is 10+2 education in any stream.
5. A certificate, diploma, or degree in the fields of aviation, hospitality, travel, or tourism adds an advantage, but not compulsory
6. Have or be eligible for an Indian passport with no visa restrictions.
7.Near to perfect eyesight, 20/40, with glasses or contact lenses if needed.
8. Preferrably, a person should be unmarried at the time of applying.
9. Pass any background checks and drug screening tests.
If you want to join any airlines, you need to undergo an initial screening. Besides, there are other steps that include: To join any airlines to make a perfect career as an Air Hostess, there will be an initial screening after the following steps:
1. A written aptitude test in the form of multiple choice questions to check your basic reasoning and analytical skills.
2. Group discussions to see how you fare within a group setting, your communication and leadership qualities, which is important to be part of a Air Hostess.
3. Personal interviews to understand your individual personality traits, your disposition, and how well you would fit into this role and its requirements.
4. Physical and mental fitness tests to ensure you are up for all facets of the job. These include blood tests, vision and hearing tests, drug and alcohol tests, BMI calculation,etc.
Accepted candidates are then put through necessary training for procedures such as emergency landings, first aid, using a defibrillator or other medical instruments. In the event of a crash or something along those lines, they are trained in survival tactics like procuring edible food, drinkable water, and shelter, and how to seek help.
First and foremost, you get to travel and explore different parts of the country or the world. You get exclusive discounts when planning a personal trip for yourself or with family. It is a financially rewarding career that provides a stable salary, even highly rewarding if employed by a private or international airline. Whether you work domestic or international flights, there are several perks such as daily meals, medical benefits, and retirement plans. You get to interact with different people everyday, improving your interpersonal skills and allowing you to learn about various cultures.
You must be well-groomed and look presentable at all times as your appearance is constantly under scrutiny so certain things like visible tattoos are not allowed. This job doesn’t usually have a fixed schedule, it can be erratic and include long hours which could make it difficult to make personal plans. Working during holidays may be necessary and unavoidable.
We all know that the current COVID-19 pandemic has halted international flights and is providing domestic flights at a lower capacity. Sooner or later, flights will resume as before, and perhaps with an even greater demand from everyone who wishes to fulfil missed trips. Until then, training institutes are providing all the necessary learning to prepare you for a perfect career in the skies!
If you are someone who wants to make a career in the industry of aviation and also wants to learn about how to become an Air Hostess, then Inspijet leading Aviation Training Institute in Lucknow are there to help you through their online career coaching services. Besides, they will guide you about how you can become a successful Air Hostess and make place for yourself in this domain.
Updated by Admin: July 26, 2022